Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What I Do Instead of Packing and the Sweat Box

So, this week was suppose to be all about packing considering we are moving like in a few days. Well, I have gotten a little distracted. First, Monday was Memorial Day. No one packs on a holiday. Plus, Michael had the day off of work, and I didn't want to miss spending time with him. Nothing much got accomplished on Monday. Then Tuesday came along, and I did get started on the kitchen and here and there, but got bored with it and quit thinking I have plenty of time. Why I thought this, I don't know, because I definitely am hostessing at a baby shower this Saturday. Plus, Benny was in town to meet all of the family. Tuesday night was filled with eating hamburgers and desserts. Luke, Amanda, Kate, Aunt Hilda, Uncle Mike, Aunt Lisa, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Jennifer, and Uncle Chuck were all at Momma's. Now Wednesday, well I have a very good excuse for not packing on this day too. Courtney, Cindy, Neshia, and I have been planning for weeks to go see A.K. and her new baby boy. We went grocery shopping for her and got some flowers and took them to Hulka....way out in the boonies. We all got to hold sweet baby Elijah and catch up with A.K. and give her a little bit of a break I hope. After we left we went to eat at Newk's, which I have never been to before, and I loved it! It was very good. I would definitely recommend it. Once I got home, for some reason, I was very sleepy, so I took a 2 and half hour nap. I did go walking though after the long nap:) So, nothing was got packed on Wednesday. Now, it is Thursday, I and I will say that I got a lot done today. The kitchen and living room are packed! YEAH! Thank you to my momma:) love you! I couldn't have done it without her help Packing is not an easy job. It is very overwhelming. I am ready for it all to be over with and it will be soon!
On a different note, our little rental house is like a sweat box. Something is wrong with our air conditioner. UGGH! When we turn it on, the house gets hotter. Now, I am not rocket scientist, but I believe the AC is suppose to COOL the house not make it hot. So, last night Michael blew up our air mattress and put it in the living room underneath the only fan in the place. As soon as we lay down, we hear the air start to leak! We went to sleep anyways to wake up on the floor at 4:30 in the morning. Fortunately, the house had cooled down a little bit, so we got to get back in our own bed. It is yet to be decided what we are going to be doing tonight...because I threw away the leaky air mattress. Oops!
Well, I better get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment