Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Sip & See and the Beginning of Summer Weddings

I have recently broadened my vocabulary and added "sip and see." I had never heard of a sip and see until Amanda, my fabulous sister-in-law, informed of what it was. It is very similar to a baby shower. The hostesses make up some punch or sweet tea, since we do live in the south. It is not a proper function until there is sweet tea in the mix. I personally do not care for sweet tea, but anyways, back to defining a sip and see. So, there is punch or sweet tea and guest come and sip on a drink and see the baby. Gifts are not a requirement, just your presence. And who would not want to see sweet baby Kate? My Aunt Jane made lunch for the family and some fabulous punch, which I want the recipe for. We visite, ate, and of course took pictures! It was great getting to see everyone on the Cantrell side of the family.
The guest of honor: Katherine Tally Cantrell. She is in a beautiful dress handmade by my Aunt Jane. Look how sweet!

The Cantrell Crew: Amanda, Kate, Luke, Dad, Nina, Michael, Katie, and Granny

Dad and Nina looking at really really old pictures.

Luke and I with our Granny

four generations of Cantrells


After the "sip and see" we headed to Jackson for Laurel and Price's wedding at Woodland Hills Baptist Church. The santuary was absolutely gorgeous! The flowers were amazing. And of course the bride, Laurel, was stunning. You can tell from the picture below. The reception was at the Colonial Country Club. There was food, food, and more food. I wish I had gotten a picture of the cake. It was great sight to see and taste. I doubt there was anything left except for the topper. There was a live band to dance to. I had such a great time seeing all my Chi Omega friends and doing some much needed catching up!

the bride, Mrs. Laurel Donahoo on May 23, 2009

Emmylou! My best friend. I miss her so much. I would go back to college just to hang out at the Chi Omega house. She is taking over the Law School world at "the other college" Ole Miss. I would definetely not want to go against her the in court room. LOVE YOU!!

My old roomie/best friend, and soon to be neighbor Whitney! She was hitting up three weddings this day! Wow! a very busy social butterfly. I can't wait to live close again. Maybe we will get to play "lamps." For those who do not know what playing lamps is.... I will tell you. Back when Whitney and I were freshman at the great Mississippi State University we would play lamps. We lived in Sessums dormatory(freshman), McKee dormatory(sophomore), and the Chi Omega House (junior), which only had florescent lighting. So, we brought lamps to college and turn them on instead of the big florescent lights to make the dorm room seem a little more homey. You may think we are crazy, but it worked! It would rock your socks off!! hahaha (another inside joke from freshman/sophomore year)

me with my hubby....so handsome! love you peanut! The drive back to Tupelo was terrible! It rained the whole way! Michael drove the whole time...what a trooper. We were very tired and went straght to bed. LIGHTS OUT!
Sunday morning came early, but we did roll out of bed and get ready for church. It was a good service. It was our last Sunday at Gloster Street. We went out to eat with some old and new friends at Chili's. We had some great laughs. After Chili's we headed to Starbucks with our friends Courtney and John Vines. We sat outside and just enjoyed each other's company. The weather felt great. It was over cast and the wind was blowing. I could have stayed all day. I am going to really miss my Courtney. We never run out of things to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment