Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Teachers Out on the Town

Last weekend, my friends from work...Saltillo Elementary...took me out for a night on the town. I don't want to call it a good-bye party, but a see you later party. I will still be back up here to visit even after we move. Either way, we started out at Las Margaritas to eat dinner. I love to eat here. It is one of my favorites :) But we made the mistake of eating in the town we worked in. We were constantly looking to see if any students or parents of students walked in the restaurant. Not that we do not all love our little students, but sometimes you need to be a woman and not Mrs. Teacher...if you know what I mean. You need to let your hair down sometimes, and we definetely did. We had lots of laughs and good times. My wonderful friends gave me some gorgeous pottery, and I can not wait to put it up in our new home. It is absolutely perfect. Well, after we ate dinner, some went home and the rest of us headed to Vanelli's to sit on "the porch" and listen to some live music. We were hoping for some karoke (I can't spell), but no such luck. There was a man playing and singing some of the greats of country music: Garth Brooks, George Strait, and etc. We heard that the Spunk Monkeys were playing at Woody's, so we load up and head there. We get there, and yes I got IDed. The bouncer man looked at my liscense and looked back at me two times. I had to inform him that I chopped off my hair after the picture. Seriously, does he know who he is talking to? Mrs. Good-Two-Shoes in person. So, I got in with the rest of the gang, and we listened for a little while. It was extremely loud. We had to scream to even hear each other. Needless to say, we didn't stay very long. Remember, we are all teachers. We have to be around loud little ones all day....who needs that at the night too? At this point things are winding down, so we drive to Barnes and Noble for some coffee. We sat outside and chit-chatted. It felt so good sitting outside in the breeze. All around it was an absolutely fabulous night. I work with the best ladies ever! No one can ever replace them. Okay, I can't think about anymore or I will cry. But, I love you all!


The beautiful pottery my friends gave me.

One side of the table: Monica, Me, and Rhonda

The other side of the table: Cindy, Sarah, and Courtney

Me and Courtney

Me and Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment