Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We Love Our Mommas

Michael and I are both very close to our moms, so our weekend was filled with making them each feel important. Last Thursday, we spent a long time picking our gifts for each one. The cards had already been mailed, which also took a lot of time to choose. So, as soon as we got the gifts home, I of course wrapped them to make sure they would be ready. Saturday morning, Michael and I woke up early to make the drive to Jackson. It was a stormy morning, but it quickly passed over. We were very thankful. It stinks to drive in the rain. So, we finally make it there. We made a quick stop for me to sign the lease to our new apartment and then heading to Case's house. When we got there we found out Mrs. Karon had to work that night. Someone had called in sick, and she was picking up their shift. So, her hair was in rollers, and I was informed to not post any of those pictures. Which of course I wouldn't! Yes I would. I think Mrs. Karon is beautiful no matter whether she has rollers in her hair or not. But, I did make a promise, which I am keeping. I have to say, I really got lucky with my mother-in-law. She is the most sincere sweetest person. She always listens to me whether I am right or wrong. She gangs up with me on Michael. hehe! only when he needs it. I can honestly say I love my mother-in-law! We had a great visit, and I think she liked her gifts. She loves to read, so we gave her two devotional books! After we got all caught up on life, Michael and I drove back to Tupelo. We won't have too many more of the back in forths! Sunday, we went to church with my mom in the morning. Afterwards, we let her open her gift at home. Then, we took out to eat at O'Charley's. I took her shopping all afternoon ending with a 2 mile walk. It was good to have a day with my mom. Eventhough we live two minutes from each other we never really get to spend that much time together. So, it was my joy to monopolize her time. My mom is not just a mom. She is also my best friend. It is going to be hard to live far away from each other. I am not looking forward to that. Luke came to visit that night! It was great to see my big brother! We all got to eat dinner together and enjoy each others company.
picture of us at the Case's to prove we did go:)

Momma with her present: Willow Tree figurine of a brother and sister.

Me and Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment