Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Food, Punch, Gifts, and a Sonogram....check!

This past Saturday I had the joy of hostessing my first baby shower with my wonderful friend Lindsay. Our amazing friend, Dusti, is about to have her first baby. IT'S A BOY! Which is obvious from all the blue decorations in the pictures. His name will be Brayden Martin Kelly. I can't wait for him to be here, and I know Dusti and Jason can't wait either. Dusti, Lindsay, and I met at the great Mississippi State University in the Elementary Education program. We were a part of very close group of girls who didn't really want to leave college, because we didn't know what we would all do when we couldn't see each other everyday. So, now we have things like baby showers to see each other! It was such a perfect sunny day for a baby shower. We had the shower at Dusti's house to show off her nursury that looks absolultely fabulous. I wish I had gotten a picture of it. She has decorated with safari animals/ABC's. I was very impressed with all of the little animals everywhere and of course she had giraffes. It would not be complete with out them. Lots of family and friends came to celebrate with Dusti and brought lots of great gifts. Yeah! Lindsay and I had such a great time planning and setting up. A big thanks goes to Mrs. Cathy, Dusti's momma. She brought the gorgeous silver punch bowl and cups for us to use on top of getting chips and making dips. All of which were very yummy! After Dusti got opening all her loot, we popped in her 3-D or 4-D sonogram. I am not sure what it is called, but it is where you can really see there little faces. We even saw baby Brayden poke out his lip when the nurse vibrated Dusti's stomach. Now that's what I call details! Plus, while everyone was watching the sonogram, Dusti grabs my hand and put on her stomach, and yes, I felt Brayden hiccup!
This is the diaper cake I made for Dusti as our hostess gift to her

the delicious cake, great joy Lindsay for picking it out

the spread

it's not a baby shower without flowers

the beautiful mommy-to-be

Lindsay, Me, and Dusti
Praise Jesus for the wonderful day and all that is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment