Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Momma Says" I DO" and Airport Adventures

Michael and I had a busy weekend. My momma got married! The wedding was in Florida, so we had to ride some planes to there. Michael had never ridden a plane, and I had not ridden one since I was five. I don't have much memory of it except that I wore a bubble outfit. One of the jumper looking things. I am guessing that was the thing to wear back in 1989. Needless to say, we had no clue about flying and airports. But, after this adventure, I think we are now well on our way to being experts. Hahaha! Our flight to Atlanta, GA from the Jackson airport was at 6:30 in the morning. Momma told me that we better be there at least an hour before the flight. No big for me. I am early to everything anyways. We packed the night before and printed out our boarding passes. Mr. John picked us up at 5:00 a.m. and we headed to the airport. I thought it shouldn't take but around 30 minutes to get to the airport so early in the morning calculating in the speed limit is 70 m.p.h. on most of the interstate. Well, I am sitting in the back seat while Michael is in the front talking with his dad, and I look at the speedometer. It read 60 m.p.h.. I thought we will never make it on time. I did not calculate not driving the speed limit. Fortunately, Michael nicely told his dad what the speed limit was and what time we had to be there. I love when we are on the same brain wave together. And of course, we got there on time. We walk in the airport and the lines are massive for only Delta flights...which guess what kind of flight we were on? DELTA of course! We did make it through the long line and onto getting our bags checked. Well, having never flown as an adult, I thought they go through the bags you check on the plane and not the carry-ons. I learned my lesson really well. Thanks to lovely terrorist (sarcasm is my second language) the airport people threw away my lotion, hairspray, face wash, Michael's deodorant, and our shampoo all because they were not in 3 oz bottles. Plus, I had to take off my shoes. Do I look like a terrorist? I think not. I wasn't all that upset about the items being thrown away except for my face-wash. It was Aveeno...Hello! That stuff isn't exactly cheap. Once we got to Florida, we made a stop at Walgreen's to buy travel size items, so problem solved. We did make it to all the right gates to get on the planes. Atlanta airport is massive. We had to ride a train to get to our section of gates. Tampa is big as well. My favorite part about the airports is Starbucks. There was like a ton of them, and Michael and I took advantage of them!
Here we are sitting in an airport waiting....and waiting
Us on the plane. Michael slept through all the flights, and I read a book.

We made it safe and sound in the Tampa, Florida airport to meet up with Momma, Benny, Luke, Amanda, and Kate. It was around lunch time, so we ate at the Friday's Restaurant in the airport before driving to Leesburg, Florida.
Rehearsal Night
Friday night was the rehearsal. We all walked through it a couple of times, took pictures, and headed out to eat.

Here is the happy couple! Momma and Benny
Luke, Amanda, Kate, Benny, Momma, Me, and Michael
All my aunts and uncles got to come too! Jennifer & Chuck Tharp, Hilda & Mike Ratliff, and Jeff & Lisa Tally
Eating some grub!
my brother's sweet little family
and of course us
The Wedding Day: June 27, 2009
This was a very joyful day for my momma. Her happiness is very important to me. I am thankful God led Benny to her and vice versa. I know Benny is a man of God and will take good care of her. I am going to miss her all the time, since she will be living in Florida. We may be far apart in physical location, but we are still just as close in our hearts. She is not just my mother but my best friend. I LOVE YOU! Here are snap shots of her big day.
The beautiful bride
Me and Momma-Bride and Matron of Honor
me and my handsome husband
girls only picture
the bride's family
Saying "I DO"
Mr. and Mrs. Benny Hunton
the newlyweds going on their honeymoon
After the wedding Troy Hunton, Benny's son, drove Amanda, Luke, Kate, Michael, and me to a hotel in Tampa, FL to stay for the night, because we wanted to be close to the airport for the next day and more time to relax. It was a very night hotel with crisp white sheets. We split a room with Luke and Amanda on the 10th floor. The hotel had one of the kind of elevators that you could see out of. I thought it was neat, but didn't want to get to close with my fear of heights. The room was only suppose to rented by two people, so Michael and I had to act like we didn't know and were not with Luke and Amanda. It was sly..haha! That night, Katelyn and Jamie, two of Luke and Amanda's friends, came and went out to eat with us, or Michael and I went to eat with all of them. We went to the Fish Market. It was soooo good. I haven't has seafood in while, so this was a great treat. There was a special dessert on the menu named the Shark Fin Pie. It is massive, and Michael had to have one. So he did! The pie got its name due to the shape of it. It was massive, and Michael ate most of it. I had to take a picture of it...due to the size of it.
The next morning, we took a shuttle to the airport and said bye to each other. This time went much more smoothly, since we actually had a clue of what we were doing! BUT, this time when we were taking off our shoes and such, Michael got "randomly selected" for extra screening. Have I mentioned how much I appreciate the terrorist. Of course Michael passed with flying colors, and we were on our way again, grabbed some Starbucks, and went to our flight gate. We made is safely back home.
Congratulations to Momma and Benny! We wish you the best and many happy married years! I love you and miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie!!
    I saw you on Kellie Mathis's blog!! Congratulations to your mom!! I guess I'll always think about those drill team days when I see her!! Hope you're doing well!!
    Valerie (Sellers) Davis

    ReplyDelete