Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

We Love Our Dads

Michael and I have been blessed with great dads. They are always there for us when we need them. So, on Father's Day it gives us an excuse to celebrate them and do something special.
I got to have brunch with my Dad and Nina at the Tupelo Crackel Barrel. It was good food and great time. We got to sit, relax, and catch up on life. You know you are an adult when you enjoy and look forward to a cup of coffee and conversation. The truth is I have always been a Daddy's girl. I teased him and still do about how I was twelve for three years of my growing up. I would say, "No, Dad, I am 15 now. I am starting to drive." I am pretty sure in his mind's eye, that is the age I quick growing. Ironically, the year before I became a teenager. Love you Dad!
Down in Jackson...after I got home from Tupelo, Michael and I headed to the Cases. Michael and his dad are really close. I think it is sweet when they hug every time they see each other. Yes, I made them all get in a picture together. Which isn't the easiest thing to do....getting four men to agree to be in a picture. They all cooperated nicely with no complaints. Some of them...ummm Corey (love you) do not like being in front of the camera. But, they have accepted that I am going to take pictures anyways whether like it or not:) I guess that means they
love me too to put up me.

Like father like son!


Luke, my big brother, got to have his first father's day with sweet baby Kate. Luke is such a great dad. I love to watch him with her. Congratulations!

I would always like to take some space to mention our grandfathers too! They are also very special to our hearts. Michael and I call our grandfathers the same name, so I will try to not make this confusing. Michael's grandfather, Mr. Tommy Adams or Papaw, is very special to our hearts. We pray for him every day. He was very involved with all of Michael's sports going up and was a wonderful influence on him. My grandfathers are Q.V. Cantrell and Bud Tally, which I call Papaw and Buddy. Papaw and Buddy are watching over us in heaven and I love them very much. I never got to meet Buddy, but I always love hearing stories about him. I still miss hearing Papaw call me Pumpkin and sitting in his lap. Memories are priceless and should never be taken forgranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment