Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Settling In

As many people know, Michael and I moved the last weekend in May. I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to catch up on it. We have had our hands pretty full. I will say Michael and I make a great team. I packed up the entire house with the exception of about the 7 boxes Michael packed, which was his closet and the computer area. Michael and family loaded everything on the U-Haul. I will say we couldn't have done it so easily without the help of our wonderful families. Mr. John and Corey, Michael's dad and brother, came up to help along with my momma. The guys along me and Momma unloaded everything into the apartment. And of course, I unpacked all the boxes or most of them. I still have a few to unpack. I want to know where everything is, which I feel is natural for a woman, especially in my kitchen. We had a wonderful surprise in the apartment when we got here. Mrs. Karon, Michael's momma, had gotten our keys for us already and had gone grocery shopping! Absolutely amazing! It was so wonderful to not have to worry about what are we going to eat the first couple of days in being a new place. It didn't end there either. She brought all of us supper that night after we had unloaded. I was very grateful to her. Not the mention the food tasted fabulous. Thank you!
Kinda funny how your whole life can fit into a truck?

All packed up!

Here we go!

Us with Momma

The Case Moving Crew

We are now getting more settled in. We did "move back home," but things look a lot different than they use to. We knew that it would. The last time Michael and I both lived in the Jackson area full time was when we are were both in high school just dating and now we are married. So, not only do things look different they feel a little different too. I am guessing that is called responsibility. We still need to find a good coffee table and breakfast table with chairs. I haven't finished setting up the guest bedroom. Hopefully that can get done next weekend.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.
The first week we were here, we decided to go to Starbucks or something, so we head out the door to see all these people staring in one direction. We look too to see the apartment across the road is ON FIRE! The entire roof is in flames. It was mesmerizing to watch. There were numerous fire fighters working to put the flames out. We heard they got everyone out of the building, thank goodness. The flames were so hot that they melted part of our building. We haven't heard what started it. Michael took pictures on his phone, but I don't have them to post. Maybe I will be able to later. We thanked our lucky stars that it wasn't us and prayed for the families that did live there.
I am having to learn where everything is all over again. I got spoiled in Starkville and Tupelo where everything is just 5-15 minute drive away. Now, I have a 15-45 minute drive depending where I want to go. Jackson has a ton more traffic than Tupelo, and the drivers are not as nice, especially when it comes to merging. Having said that, I am still happy that we moved. We will eventually get use to all this. I mean we grew up in it!
Michael has started his job at the Brandon Police Department. He is really liking it, and I am so happy for him. Not to mention, he looks really handsome in his uniform! He is having to study lots of information and codes at night when he gets home. He had to get maced last week. He said it was terrible. I can't even imagine how painful that had to have been. He said that the guy that sprayed him did a figure eight on his face. He came home with really red rings around his eyes. He told me that the guys told him he took it well, and his partner screamed like a girl when it happened to him. Well, Michael was determined to be manly about it. I guess he accomplished his goal with that one. He will be going to the Police Academy in September for 10 weeks of training. I am not looking forward to us being apart, but I knew this was coming. I feel very
Law & Order SVU when I have to do wash his uniforms:) I can't express how proud I am of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment