Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

A Student AGAIN

I start graduate school this Wednesday, July 1st. I am excited and nervous about it all. I have never taken a class online during my undergraduate, and now, I decided to get my master's degree completely online. What was I thinking? I know. I hate going to class. Sometime while I was in the teacher's program at MSU...I think I became ADD. I know it is not possible scientifically, but I did all of a sudden become scatterbrained and not able to focus or sit still for more than 30 minutes. Most likely, this is due to having to complete 5 projects at one time on top of lesson planning. I am sure this has helped me in being a teacher....knowing that I hate sitting still for more than 30 minutes as an adult...I understand how my students feel. Okay, back to the point. I hate going to class, so I am now taking on graduate school online. It has already been a very frustrating road trying to get admitted, registering for class, get books, and pay Delta State with just a computer to help me. I have come to appreciate people or human communication more. It is not easy trying to get all that done with only a computer. I am not that computer savvy anyways, so I have learned a lot the past couple of weeks dealing with the computer. I will say the people that work at Delta State in the teacher education department are extremely helpful on the phone and with e-mails. The bookstore people....not so much. Either way, it is all in order now. I am trying to now figure out the ins and outs Blackboard, which is where all my class stuff will take place, like assignments. Luckily, Michael has used Blackboard before and can help. Ready or not...here I go...back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment