Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reflections in the Mirror

This all started by me taking a couple of "mental health" days off work. If you are a school teacher, you realize these are a necessity at times. Either way, I took them. Well... when I forced myself to take off work to get some much needed Christmas shopping done, I also found myself being extremely self-reflective. Which apparently proves I had too much time on my hands to think. But there are many times when I make myself busy, so I do not have to think about anything. I believe God was giving me one of those "BE STILL" moments. (He gave me one before, abruptly, on my father's wedding day/moving to the Saltillo rental house. I got locked in a bathroom with no windows or cell phone for about two hours. Michael had to literally smash the door in.) I woke up and was washing off my face, and I took a moment to look in the mirror. I thought "who is that looking back at me in the mirror?" I saw a wife, daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, graduate student, and teacher. BUT I didn't see MYSELF anymore. I have gotten so caught up in playing all the roles life demands me to play that I have lost myself in the process. It was a very humbling and eye-opening experience. I also realized that I had gotten my priorities out of order, because the role that is most important I had pushed a side. The role of being a child of God. I guess I had just taken Him for granted, but NOT anymore. My mission now to not forget about who I am as a person and to keep Christ in the front and center of my life. I talked to my hubby about all of this. And he is very supportive as always. I told him that I am going to be doing some changing for the positive, so I can look in the mirror and see myself again. I know this is not all going to happen over night, but "God is not done with me yet." I might even blog about the whole process. Let me know your thoughts. I do not want to bore the blog readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment