Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Newest Addition to the Case Family

Introducing: Colby Scott Case
Those of you who have known me...know that I have wanted a beagle since I found out the breed existed! My dream finally came true this Christmas. My mom and Benny bought me a beagle puppy from a "good ol'country boy." I put this in quotations, because he told us this about twenty times in the fifteen minutes we were there. His place looked like something out of Deliverance, so I am seeing this as a rescue too. Plus, Colby had a lot of fleas on him...that Michael and I are having to pick off one by one, because he is too young for flea medicine. He had two six and a half week old pups, but they were spoken for. Then, he had a litter of puppies that were three to four weeks old. I know you are not suppose to take a puppy from its mother until six weeks. BUT, he (the breeder) said it would be okay, and of course I fell in love with my Colby. So, we took him home!
Kate loves Colby. She kept looking at him and smiling. I think she like the fact that he was smaller than her!
After we got back to Luke and Amanda's my stomach starting feeling nauseated. I thought I was just nervous about having such a young puppy to take care of. Well, I knew that it was more than just that once we got in the car to head home. Fortunately, there were gas station bags and gift bags in the car, because I threw up four times on the way home. My brother and sister-in-law had just recovered from the stomach bug, so I picked up where they left off. Every time I went for a bag Michael had to grab Colby out of my lap. I was wondering how in the world am I going to take care of Colby while I am soooo sick! Michael did a fabulous job that first night, and he took the next day off work to make sure I was okay. Plus, MY MOMMA came to visit along with Benny of course. She was a major help! I couldn't have done it without her help, especially when Michael had to go back to work. Momma and Benny stayed for a couple of nights and it was great to have some extra time with my Momma.
Colby is having to drink puppy formula. He couldn't take a bottle at first, so I had to feed him through a syerenge (I don't know how you spell it. It's the thing doctors use for shots.) Momma got him to start taking a bottle. Next week I am going to start giving him mush, so by the time I have to go back to work he can hopefully be starting to eat soft puppy food and milk.
We love our new little man. He is also starting to want to play just a little. He still sleeps a lot. Michael is scared to touch him, since he is around so many sick dogs at work. He just wants to be extra careful until Colby has his shots at six weeks.

How could you ever say no to that face?
Well, I am off to make oreo balls and finish wrapping presents! I will write about all the Christmas festivities later:) Merry Christmas to EVERYONE!
Love,
The Case Family

No comments:

Post a Comment