Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Husband!

Michael does not like to make a big deal out of birthdays, so I do as much as he will allow me to get away with. I just want him to know how special and precious he is to me! As much as I do love him....he likes expensive and big "toys." For example, most of the items he wants cost over $100. So, we have to save up before purchasing them. Or, when I ask him what he wants, he responds by saying "nothing" or "I have everything I want." This can be frustrating at times for the gift giver. Well, LAST night...the night before his actual birthday, he drops the hint that we would like to have the Bourne Trilogy on DVD. A light bulb went off in my head....we can afford that! Just to clarify-We are not poor by any means. We just are very careful with how we spend our money. So, today I went online and purchased the DVDs. They should be here by Friday. I told Michael about them when I gave him his cards. Yes, cards is plural. I can never just pick one, so I got two. He was excited, which made me happy.
As I mentioned previously, Michael doesn't like making an ordeal out of birthdays. Even when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to make, he said that he didn't want me to. He just wanted a lasagna and ice cream. So, I bought a bucket of Homemade Blue Bell Cookies and Cream and cooked a lasagna for his birthday dinner.
Fortnuately, my wonderful mother-in-law and father-in-law got a cake and invited us over to celebrate. Can it really be a birthday without cake and ice cream? I think not! We had fun visiting and eating at my in-law's NEW HOUSE! Yes, they have moved! We are super pumped for them too!

What a cute birthday boy!

Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy Birthday to Michael!
Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUU!
And MANY MORE......

No comments:

Post a Comment