Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our First Dose of Parenthood

Michael and I are having lots of fun taking care of our little one. (except for having to get up in the middle of the night.) Colby is a sweet little guy! I have mentioned before that we got him before the six week mark, so we are bottle feeding him. I thought it was so cute, that I wanted to share it with the blog world. I am going to be starting him on some mush (rice cereal or oatmeal) this week. He is starting to stay up longer and play more, which is very entertaining to watch. At first, he was TERRIFIED of the floor. (Our floor is stained concrete). He would whimper and cry if he stepped one paw on it. Now, he sniffs around exploring and plays with no puppy crying!
Today was a big step for our family. It was the VERY first time we left Colby alone at home since we got him. We set him up good in the bathroom, making sure he would be comfortable. As soon as we shut the door he starting crying. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. Michael just told me to not come near the bathroom. Fortunately, before we set foot out the door to leave for church, he was sound asleep. He was asleep when we got home, so I have convinced myself he was sleeping the whole time we were gone and did not even notice we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment