Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Colby's Day Out


Today was Colby's for vet visit, so I had to get directions on how to get there from Michael last night. He did a fabulous job with giving them with landmarks and street names and being patient with me as I wrote them down. The directions were about a page of my little notebook I use for my to-do lists. After I read them back to him, I looked up and said, "You do realize that I get lost in Northpark." Northpark is the mall that I have shopped at my whole life. What can I say? I am directionally impaired. I have no sense of direction, and I accept this about myself. Michael assured me that he would have his phone on him, and he programmed the vet clinic into the GPS. What I sweetie:) Now you would think with all this preparation that I could get there without a hitch. Well, leave it to me to get lost! I followed the directions on paper and the GPS. I thought the GPS was saying the vet clinic was a Shell gas station. Apparently I did not have the GPS zoomed in enough, ( I am also technologically challenged....not a good combination) because you could see the vet clinic from the gas station. I stayed planted at the gas station until Michael came and rescued me, and I followed him the rest of the way.

Once we got inside, I filled out all the paper work and such. Everyone loved Colby saying how adorable he was. A little girl was also in there, and she was an outgoing little thing. She went right up to Michael and started petting Colby and talking with Michael. Then she asked to hold him, and Michael let her. I did not say anything, but I was really nervous. I did not know this little girl. What if she dropped him? I would have to make a scene. I sighed and figured Michael had it under control. They called us to the back and checked out Colby. He did good. He just whined and whimpered a little. He got his worm medicine and shot to prevent Parvo and Distemper. We wanted this done as soon as possible with Michael having to be around so many sick dogs at work. Colby cried when they gave him is shot. I don't blame him, because it was a pretty long needle, which I am deathly afraid of. Dr. Kirby, who by the way is fabulous, gave us more worm medicine to give Colby in a week, and said we need to come back in three weeks. I was ready to make the appointment, and Dr. Kirby told me that the clinic is open on SATURDAYS with no appointments, just walk-ins! Have I mentioned Dr. Kirby is fabulous?

After the vet visit, I followed Michael back to the Police Department and got to meet some of the people he works with. Colby got to meet them too! He did so well visiting where his dad works. We are such proud parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment