Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Did NOT Skip Thanksgiving

I LOVE Thanksgiving! It hurts me that America jumps from Halloween to Christmas. It is obvious when you walk into the mall, and the department stores have Christmas decor out like on November 1st or before. Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas too, but Thanksgiving needs to me remembered as well. Okay, I am getting off my soapbox.
One perk of being a school teacher is I get the whole week off of work! I was in definite need of some major rest. Try spending eight hours of your day with teenagers! But, I can honestly say, that I truly enjoy my job. I got One downer is that I had to work on a graduate school project all week, but I got it finished and submitted. I only have my final left to take. Also, Michael had to work all week...even on Thanksgiving. We made the best of things, as much as we could. I got to talk to all of my family on the phone for Thanksgiving and watch the parade on television. Everyone was good, so I was thankful. I did miss them. This is the second year in a row I have not gotten to see them on Thanksgiving. Michael and I went to Cracker Barrel to meet up with his family, and we all decided to get a dinner to go and take it to Michael's parent's house...so we could all be together. I even got to do a little Christmas shopping while we waited. Mrs. Karon thought she was going to have to work, and fortunately she called in :) Here are some pictures of the Case family Thanksgiving.
me with my hubby
the guys

the girls

Brandon and Heather are ENGAGED!
Brandon, my brother-in-law, met Heather on the internet and had an instant connection (no pun intended). Heather is from Pennslyvania....a really long ways a way. Distance did not keep these two from falling in love. Brandon popped the question when Heather came down to Mississippi to meet the family. The big day is set for August 28, 2010!

The Bling

The future Mr. and Mrs. Brandon Case

Michael and I had decided that instead of buying each other gifts, we would get one get to the both of us. So...we got a NEW television! Michael is so proud of it. He found it on the internet (like he does everything), and we had to go pick it up at the Best Buy in Louisiana. I am guessing they are the only Best Buy store with this particular model. We had fun on our little road trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment