Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A New Chapter

Next school year, I will be in a new place. I accepted a job at StoneBridge Elementary. I am super excited to be teaching 3rd grade students again! The school is pretty new. It has only been open for 2 years. It is in the Brandon Zone of Rankin County School District. This was not an easy decision. I had made roots for myself at Byram Middle School. I love the people I work with and the administrators I work for. I had been praying for a long time about where I needed to be next year. My contract was due with no extensions or backing out allowed. My interview was not for a few days. I felt God leading me to go to Rankin County...something closer to home. I knew God was testing my faith. I am such a controlling person, detail oriented, and love to have all my ducks in a row. He was seeing if I would allow him to take control and take care of me. My good friend Sadie pointed out to me, "God can't catch you, if you don't jump." So... I jumped! With my eyes filled with tears, I handed my unsigned contract to my principal. The unknown and unplanned is very scary to me. The following Thursday I went to my interview at StoneBridge. I talked with all three principals. I head principal pulled me back into her office after my tour of the school and offered me a job. She told me that she had only done this one other time in her sixteen years. Of course, I accepted....then exhaled. As always, God took care of me.

I guess I was just born to be a Bulldog.
College-MSU Bulldog
Byram Middle School Bulldogs
StoneBridge Elementary Bulldogs

Summer Plans

In June, I will be taking my LAST TWO classes for my masters degree! I take my comprehensive exam July 11th.

Hopefully, by the end of the summer I will be a GRADUATE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw Katie! I know you're taking a blog "break," but I'm so glad that you are working with Mrs. Sue! I love her, and you are going to LOVE LOVE working for her! Hope the transition goes well!

    ReplyDelete