Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Michael had to work Mother's Day weekend, but he did take the actual Mother's Day off for me. He came home with these beautiful lilies, because he knows how much I love them. He even picked out the vase. I was impressed. They are sitting on our table, so I get to stare at them every morning while I drink my cup of coffee.

This was "the gift"
Michael bought me a blue sapphire ring. Blue sapphire is Audrie's birth stone (September). I am going to take it to get sized this weekend. I can't wait to start wearing it! I think it is gorgeous and super thoughtful!!

My best Mother's day gift is right here....
Being Audrie's mother has been the biggest blessing in my life. I wake up every morning look forward to spending time with her. She has taught me many lessons. I call her my catalog baby...in other words...if you were able to order babies out of catalogs, she is what you would order. I am sure all moms feel this way. She is just so happy all the time! She plays and plays and then plays some more. I have to force her to sleep. She eats like a champ-this is a Case and Cantrell quality. She has the sweetest spirit about herself. There is no doubt she is heaven-sent!

Michael and I are both thankful to have wonderful mothers in our lives.
They....
nurture
hug and kiss
let us grow
let us make mistakes
listen
and most importantly...
they LOVE us...no matter what

We love you both!!!

"Being a mother is like allowing your heart to walk around outside your body, because your children are your heart." -Amy Hunton


1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day! That bling is gorgeous! Cant wait to see it in person...and see Miss Audrie too! Miss yall!

    love~

    ReplyDelete