Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just Little Tid-Bits

I really do not have much to blog about. Nothing major has happened lately. I finally finished the Twilight Saga. Actually, I have been finished since before Christmas, but I just hadn't gotten around to blogging about it. I will have to say that the third book, Eclipse, is my favorite due to the fact that I am team Jacob. Why team Jacob? It is probably the Indian blood in me, and I thought the wolves were really great. Honestly, I thought the fourth and last book, Breaking Dawn, was a little dragged out. I am not going to ruin the ending for anyone, but I wasn't really satisfied with it. But, then again, it is for teenagers. I guess it ended the only way it could have. And, I will continue to go and watch the movies:)
I started back to work. Things have been going smoothly so far. On the first day back the students were like, "Mrs. Case, you are really going to make us do work today?" Gotta love teenagers! My response was, "What else would we do?" Their response, "Sleep!." There is no sleeping in Pre-Algebra! But, I do appreciate there honesty. I have got to get these kids ready for the MCT2!!! It is GO TIME people! I thought we were going to have a couple of snow days this week, but we didn't. I was thankful, because I didn't want to make those days up!
My class is starting soon, January 12th. Our anniversary! My teacher posted some information already. Part of it said that this class was suppose to be one of the last classes we take! I panicked of course. Since, I have only taken three out of ten courses. I quickly emailed the professor about my concern. She said it was due to work load, but I could remain in the class. I am not scared of a work load! Besides, Michael is about to leave for ten weeks, so I am wanting a way to fill my time.
Speaking of my hubby! He is gathering all the items he needs to get ready for the police academy. He went yesterday to get his name on everything. We are in the count down now! I am not looking forward to him being gone, but I know this is a step forward for our family!
We have decided to join a church! I am super excited about this! I am looking forward to getting involved and making new friends! We are going to be filling out volunteer sheets this weekend. Hopefully, we can get it all done before Michael leaves.
I am sticking with my life resolution: "let go, and let God." Michael even said that he has noticed a difference in me! I will say...life has seemed to be easier. I feel one hundred pounds lighter not worrying and stressing about every little thing. Thank you Jesus! You are THE MAN!
Colby is still doing well. He has gotten use to us working all day. Most of the time he is asleep when we get home. We are now feeding him twice a day instead of three times a day. Still mush though, but his teeth are really coming in. He bites and chews everything! I even saw him trying to chew on my baker's rack, which is cast iron. He didn't get very far with that one. He is very entertaining to watch. I guess that is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment