Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

I Don't Think I Could Do It


When I was younger, I thought I would grow up and be a housewife and raise lots of babies. Hahahahaha! (this is God laughing at me making plans) But truly this is what I thought I would want for my life. Well, I have come to the realization that I am just not housewife material! Call me crazy I know, and I might not always feel this way(maybe after we actually have a baby). But, for now this is my reality. I love my summers off, because I truly believe teachers need a break from the students, and the students need a break from us. On the other hand, summers make me go crazy sitting at home. So do long holidays. If I wasn't in graduate school, I would get another job for during the summer. This past week has reassured me in the fact that I do not think I could be a housewife. I am not saying that being a housewife is easy by any means, so do not misunderstand what I am saying. I just do not think being a housewife is for me.
So what happened was.... I went to work on a Tuesday morning, I thought everything was going to go normal. Well, on my way Michael told me that JPS schools were closed, because all the pipes busting in Jackson due to the cold weather. Well, Byram Middle School, where I work, is on the Jackson water system. So, I did not know what was waiting for me at work. I get there to find out there is NO RUNNING WATER. NO WATER FOUNTAINS OR TOILETS!!! Now, BMS has about 1,100 students. They get there, and we have to tell them they can't use the bathroom! We were suppose to dismiss at 10 which got bumped to 12. Well, the students got dismissed, but the teachers had to stay until 3:30. Fortunately, our wonderful principal, Mr. Campbell, let us leave for lunch and come back. School ended up being cancelled on Wednesday and Thursday. I did not enjoy not working. Every morning Michael would get up and go to work, and I would just sit in bed and think now what? I did get started on my grad school work, which was the only productive thing I did. I got to play with Colby, and he even had his first play date with Cooper, my friend, Kayla's dog. He did so good! Cooper is twice his size, but they still played really sweet together. I was so excited to go back to work today! Yeah for getting the pipes fixed! I told that story to say if I stayed at home all the time I would literally go crazy! I love working and my job!
This is the last weekend before Michael leaves, so I am going to spend as much time with him as I can. We were eating dinner tonight, and he said,"I only have one ground rule." I said, "Okay, what would that be?" Michael responded, "You can't cry when I leave." People, this is a pretty hefty request, but I agreed. Hopefully, I can keep it together until he leaves. Fortunately, I don't have work that day. Thank you Martin Luther King Jr.! I am curious to see how I do living at home by myself. I have never done this before. I am sure everything will be fine until about ten o'clock. For some reason, I am okay until 10 at night. At that time, I can all of sudden hear every sound the house is making. So, I hope I do not drive myself into insanity. Michael will home on the weekends, so I can do this! (maybe)

No comments:

Post a Comment