Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Our Newest Infatuations and Fascinations

I will start with telling everyone that Michael's newest infatuation is TrueTV. He watches this channel constantly. If he has the remote, which is most of the time, our television will be on this channel. Every night this week, we, or more so, he has watched Forensic Files. This show is like CSI but real stories and real people, hence the true tv part. Not only does my hubby love to watch it, he also loves to talk to the television as he watches it. This way he gets to tell "them" (the people inside the television) his opinion on the matter. It is rather cute. The only time this habit is not so cute is on the rare occasion when I am watching a television show I really like, such as, Army Wives. He likes to talk during it too and gives his opinion. I politely shhhhh him, because I am the total opposite type of television watcher. Opposites attract right?? I like to watch my shows in silence, hear and watch everything, and soke it all it. I do enjoy spending time with the hubby though....tv talker or not. Back to the topic. The TrueTv channel has some crazy stuff and people on there. It is mainly police arresting people and solving crimes, which I am sure that is why Michael likes it so much, considering he works for Brandon Police Department. I would say this is a "Guy Channel."
Now moving onto a fascination Michael and I share. We both have fallen in love with HGTV. Since Michael and I have been house hunting, we love to watch the shows where people are house hunting and renovating to get ideas and learn from other's mistakes. This is a channel I could watch all day! Normally, I will come home and turn the television to it and have it as background noise while I am lesson planning or grading papers. They do lots of renovations, and I can take a quick break to look up and see the end result. I can't wait for us to have our own home!


My newest infatuation is the Twilight Saga Series...the books, not the movies (yet). I finally used my birthday money. Yes, I know my birthday was in August, but I have been busy...really busy. Anyways, I bought the first three in paperback, and I am waiting for the last one to be published in paperback. I am completely excited about starting to read the series. Luke, my brother, has already read all of them, and he told me they were good. I know I am late to be jumping on the band wagon, but I really don't have all the much free time to dive into books. I will say reading is my absolute favorite hobby. Weird, I know..I am a math teacher right? I fell in love with books a long time ago. I give this credit to my mother. She was always reading a book or three growing up. So, I have read other books with vampires as characters and found it really fascinating. Don't ask me why, because I don't know. When I get done reading each one, I will post my opinion. After I have read the books, then I will watch the movies. Books are always better than the movies...or I think so.




No comments:

Post a Comment