Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Wrapping Up the Summer

I completed my graduate school courses for the summer! So, I am taking a break until January. ( I kind of have big event that is happening in October-giving birth to Audrie). I want to be able to focus all my energy and attention on Audrie this fall. I only have two more classes left until I am finished with my master's degree!
As you may know, I LOVE to read. So, I have kind of gone on Nicholas Sparks benge lately. Which is a little bit of a surprise to myself, because I swore that I would not read his books anymore due to him always have a character die in his books. I was desperate for something to read, so I picked up one of his books in Walmart and figured "why not?"
I started with The Last Song. I have to say I did enjoy it, but I believe it is more for a younger audience. I mean, Miley Cyrus plays the main character in the movie, which I have not seen.
Next, I read Dear John. I really would reccomend this book. I am not going to say what the ending is, but I will say it is a real life ending and a picture of the "true love" is. I also watched the movie. I always set too high of expectations for movies based on books. I believe in the saying that books are better than movies. But, it is always a pet-peve of mine when movies alter events from the books. It was still an okay movie to watch, but the book is way deeper.

I am about to begin reading The Choice. I am hoping it is as good as Dear John!

I am planning on finishing up my summer break with reading The Lucky One.


No comments:

Post a Comment