Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Will the Real Officer Case Please Stand Up?

The day finally came! Michael graduated from the Police Academy, M.L.E.O.T.A., on Thursday, March 25th. I was on cloud nine all day and the evening before to be perfectly truthful. Of course, I took the day off work to make sure I was there for every minute of all the events. The evening before graduation they had a cookout for the recruits (that's what they call all the men and women in training) and their spouses. After work I rushed to get there, and you know I am going to get behind a truck going 30mph in a 55mph zone. The road was too curvy to pass, so I had to practice some patience. I did get there in time. Michael showed me around the place. I got to see where he slept, the gym, the shooting range, the driving range, and the auditorium. We ate in the mess hall, so I saw that too. It was a lot of fun. Then their instructors spoke for a little bit and some of the recruits put on funny skits. It was a good relaxing time.
When I told people Michael was graduating, they would say, "That ten weeks went by fast. Didn't it?" Normally, you should respond by agreeing. Well, I did not. I felt every day of that ten weeks he was gone. It did not go by quick for me. I am sure being pregnant has something to do with that. He was gone from January 18th to March 25th. That is a long time my friend.
Okay back to graduation...

We (me and Michael's parents) got there an hour and 10 minutes before the graduation even started, and we had to sit towards the back. The place was already packing out with family and officers. Karon, my mother-in-law, made the comment that we were probably in the safest place in Jackson right now. I agreed. I don't even know how many guns were in this place. We had a great view of the door where they were walking in, until a couple of very rude teenagers decided to stand right in front of our view. Well, when I saw Michael about to walk in, I made sure I got my pic, and I will leave it at that. So, the first pic is of him marching in. I have to admit, I teared up a little bit. (and maybe a couple of other times during the ceremony)
This is Michael standing up (his is the one standing closest to the window) for being one of the top five shooters at M.L.E.O.T.A.. So don't mess with him when he has a gun!!! Hahaha! Once again, I am soooo proud of my hubby!
Michael shaking hands to receive his certificate. Yes, I had to bust a move to get this shot too. I was not rude about it though. I promise. I have been waiting a long time to be able to get this photos :)
I just thought this was a great photo. Michael is just standing in line after getting his certificate. My favorite part of the graduation was at the end when they did all their chants together. It was amazing. You just had to be there.
Michael with the Chief and Captain.
Some of the Brandon Police crew that came to watch Michael.
Michael with his parents.
Me with Michael. Yes, I am officially a police wife. Is there a group of police wives life army wives?
It was an absolutely wonderful day! I love you, Michael! I am so happy to have you back home :) We went to Michael's parent's house afterwards for more celebrating and eating. Karon fixed an amazing lunch. Karon, the bread tasted wonderful!
We feel so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm not quite sure how I found your blog. I think doing a police wife search, and yes! There is a group of police wives out there! I have a growing list of police wife bloggers on my blog. Come check it out and you just might find a blog or two of like-minded pw's. MY hubby's been an LEO for almost a year. There are lots of girls on there whos' hubbys have just graduated. CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete