Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Little Baby Update

Wednesday, I went for my second prenatal visit. Michael didn't get to go to this one, because he was at police school. So, I get there and do my labs. I was so glad I didn't have to give blood this time. I have a terrible fear of needles. Don't ask me why. I guess my family never has to worry about me being a druggie. Well, while I am sit in the waiting area the ladies around me are talking, so naturally, I listen and pretend to be reading a magazine. One older lady goes into how she doesn't like little babies. I am thinking, "Do you realize where you are, lady?" She went on for about ten minutes. Luckily, the nurse called me to the back. So, I said bye to the psycho baby hater. I have only gained two pounds. I was pretty shocked due to how I have been eating. But, I guess, since I have not been able to eat that much it balanced out. I told Michael the child is taking after him. I am craving Sonic cheese sticks. I am a health nut, so these fast food cravings are driving me bonkers. I just feel the pounds being put on as I put the food in my mouth, but apparently not, thankfully! Dr. Kellum comes in and answers my few questions I had. He is absolutely amazing!!! He is so calm and relaxed all the time. Anytime I am worrying about something, he just says, "that's nothing to worry about." I figure, if he is not worried, I shouldn't be either. He listened to the baby's heart, and I got to hear it too! Dr. K said that every time the heartbeat changed a bit, that meant the baby was moving around. He said the baby is moving around a lot now, but I just can't feel it yet and won't until I am about 16 weeks. I am always amazed by the heartbeat. It is just soooo fast. I made my next appointment for April 14th. We will get to find out what we are having in the middle of May. I can't wait! OH, I got a haircut this week. I told Michael it makes me feel more like a mommy. So, does that make it a mommy-do? Sorry, no pics of it yet.

Well, as you might have gathered from previous blog posts, my life is a little stressful as every one's life can be. I usually use exercise to de-stress, but I am just sooo tired these days (thanks to being in my first trimester) that I have not being working out. I also love to read, but I have to read so much for grad school that reading has lost some of it draw and luster too. So, I decided that I needed something, Then it came to me: CROSS STITCHING!!!! Yes, I know how to cross-stitch, and no, I am not a granny! I love to cross stitch. My mom taught me how to do it when I was younger, and just enjoy doing it. I think it has something to do with my perfectionism/being a little up-tight...okay just plain being up-tight kind of person. I know I have to hold a needle, and I just mentioned my fear of needles. Let me specify-needles that are being stuck in me are the ones that scare me. Either way, cross stitching clams me down, and I can drown out everything else going on. I will post my project whenever I complete it, but I am NOT setting a time limit. Remember-stress free project ;)


Hubby Update: ONE MORE WEEK LEFT!!!! You read right! Michael only has one more week of the police academy. He graduates this coming up Thursday. No worries, I will have the camera full charged and ready to take pics! I am so proud of him. He is just a fabulous husband!
This weekend: We are headed to Byhalia, MS for Kate's first birthday party! We can't wait! Hard to believe she is one year old! We love you sweet Kate! MUWAH!

1 comment:

  1. One more week?!?! Wow! I know you are super excited! Can't wait to see the new hair cut and glad Baby Case is doing good!

    ReplyDelete