Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

How Did I Get Here?

Working full time as a middle school teacher-yes, that means I attempt to make teenagers learn math from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Taking six hours of graduate school completely online

Being a full time momma to my sweet Colby

Keeping all up with all the house work (which I am doing a terrible job at)

Having a husband in the police academy, which means, he is gone from Sunday evening to Thursday evening

And of course the icing on the cake-I am pregnant.
I am finding myself completely overwhelmed. First of all, before I say anything else, I want to make clear that I LOVE BEING PREGNANT. But, I am completely exhausted. I know that is usual for the first trimester, but I am falling further and further behind on everything else. I can not figure out why I can't get caught up. Probably because I sleep all the time, but my body is not giving me any other option. I guess I shouldn't be taking the time to blog about it, because it could be considered wasted time. All of this has being weighing on my heart, and I wanted to share. Michael is a huge help when he is home, but he can only do so much in the short amount of time he is here. Plus, he has to get all of his stuff ready for the next week of the academy. I try not to unload on him about everything, because I want him to be able to focus on what he needs to do. He tells me that he wants to know everything. Yes, I know...he is a sweetie and an amazing listener. I will admit, that I am pretty good about putting myself in a position to be overwhelmed. I guess you could say that is my "normal." Even though I do not believe there is such a thing as normal. As a friend of mine would say, "It's all relative."- Brandon Marker. But this time, I can honestly say I did not do all of this on purpose. Now that I am here, I am going to have to deal with it somehow. I know this only for a temporary amount of time. Michael only has 3 weeks left. Thank you Jesus! My classes will end in May. Speaking of....I having always been on top of my school work. I NEVER get behind.....that is until now. I am so far behind. It is driving my crazy. I honestly do not know how I am going to get it all done. I am hoping when I start my second trimester, I will get some energy back and catch up. I know we all have a ton going on in our lives, and I am not claiming that my load is any more or worse than anyone else. What I am asking for is prayer. We all can use some of that! I know that God will not give us any more than what we can handle, but I am definitely being tested to the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment