Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Completely Exhausted

It all started on Thursday, when I knew I had to get ready for a substitute on Friday and make sure that all my lesson plans were finished for the next week. I have to make sure I have all my lesson plans done, because I tend to forget to do any type of work on the weekends until I am on my way to work on Monday. Either way, my little third graders left at 2:45 on the buses, but I did not leave until 5:30! Fridays are when I give tests, and I do not like to let anyone give them except me. I didn't have a choice this time, so I had to leave detailed instructions. I will see tomorrow how it all went.
Why did I have to get a substitute? I had an interview on Friday in Byram, MS at Gary Road Intermediate School. It is a 3rd-5th grade school. I also had a job fair for Hinds County on Saturday, which is where all the principals from Hinds County set up tables to meet teachers for possible openings they have in their schools. Since I had to spend the night, my sweetie booked me a hotel. I have NEVER spent the night at a hotel by myself. I was more nervous about the hotel than the interview. I know.... crazy.
Okay, I got side-tracked. Back to Thurday night. I got home cooked dinner, washed dished, made sure I had everything ready for the interview and the job fair. For the job fair I had to make sure I had copies of certain things for all the principals. I had to have the application, resume, references, teaching philosophy, copy of transcripts, Praxis 2 scores (this test is to certify teachers), and teaching liscence...pretty everything but my fingerprints. I will have to give those too if they decide to hire me! After getting all that together, I was too tired to pack, so we went to bed. I got up early the next morning, ironed everything, packed, loaded the car, and kissed Michael good bye. I have never driven to Jackson by myself since we have been married either!
I had a good drive down there. I am not use to being by myself, so I took full advantage of it catching up with friends on the phone and singing with the radio loudly. Speaking of, my best friend, Molly, who is taking over the daycare world, has bought the cutest house, and she offered me to stay with her. I was super excited! I didn't have to stay at a hotel, and I got to catch up with a great friend! Once, I got in town I changed at a gas station and finished my make-up in the Kroger parking lot. What else was I to do?
Once I got to the school, I had to wait an hour for them to interview me! It was a long hour, but the interview went well. I really like the principal there. So, that night I stayed with Molly. We had lots of good laughs! Her house is sooo cute! I wouldn't expect anything less from her. She always has the cutest clothes too.
Anyways, Saturday morning I got up and ready! I wore my red high heels again:) The job fair started at 10, but I got there at 9:30. I am always Miss Early Bird, which paid off this day. I got registered, and they give you a number when you can go in. My number was 9. I was pumped, because if you know me 9 is a lucky number for me. I got to talk to the principals I wanted to FIRST, so being early paid off. He gave me a card that said "visit room 114 before leaving." I am thinking, "What is room 114 mean?" So, go to all the principals I need to, leave, and enter room 114. I hand the lady the card, and she says, "This is a call back card. Come back at 3 o'clock for an interview." This was at 11 o'clock in the morning when I found out. What was I supposed to do for four hours in Byram??? I managed. I ate at McAllisters and graded papers there. I drove around looking to see what kind of houses where for sale. After I was completely bored with it, I drove back and explained I was from out of town and didn't have anywhere else to go. So, they let me sit in the library and wait with some other out of towners on the call back interviews.
Well, a principal that had set up an interview with me for next week saw me sitting there decided she would interview right then, which it a blessing, so I do not have to go back next week. But, she didn't finish interviewing me on time, and some how they head lady thought I was Tara, whoever that is, and let someone else interview with the principals I was waiting on! I spoke to her and told her my situation. She is super nice and completely fixed everything and explained to the principals I was meeting with it was totally her fault. Thank goodness!
I finally got to meet with Byram Middle School, which had 4 principals interviewing me....a little itimidating! It went well though. It was worth the wait. Speaking of waiting. I am back to being a sitting duck waiting to hear something.
I got back in my car and talked to Michael. He had gotten sunburned at work and Friday and was in a little bit of pain. (When I got home and saw him, his back was as red as a tomato! OUCH!) He told me that he didn't sleep in the middle of the bed while I was gone. He still slept on his side of the bed and parked on his side of the driveway. So sweet and thoughtful! I was ready to go home to see his handsome face!
At this time it was about 4 o'clock. I got home around 7 o'clock completely exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment