Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Making a BIG Decision.....

Michael and I have been thinking a lot about the idea of moving back to the Jackson, MS area. We have loved living in Tupelo. It is where we got married. We started our life together here. This town has been wonderful to us. I love the ladies I work with at Saltillo Elementary. Michael has enjoyed doing trim carpentry. But, it is time for a change. Michael wants to go into law enforcement for his career. I support his decision fully. It is not going to be easy to be a wife to a policeman, but it is something I can handle with God's help. He is working on filling out all the applications to turn in to get into the Police Academy, which is located in Jackson. Once he goes, he will have to stay there for 10 weeks of training, but he does get to come home on the weekends. Yeah! I have applied for a teaching jobs in the Jackson area as well. Please pray that we will both get jobs. We are looking to move sometime during the summer. We are excited about the decision to move, but we are also feeling nervous and anxious. It is not an easy thing to not know what your future holds. It definetely is testing our faith and strengthening it all at the same time. In a way, it is like moving back home. We grew up in Jackson, so we know the area well. But it is scary too, because we were kids then. Now, we are the adults! Oh well! Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! When Josh and I got married, neither of us had jobs (talking about not knowing what the future held). It took Josh 1.5 years to find a job after graduation, but he found the perfect job for him. We prayed unceasingly for God to move us where He wanted us to go, and He did. You guys will be in my prayers as you make this new transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I think we've met once or twice - at Amanda and Luke's wedding. I'm Tracy and Kathy is my stepsis (Dale is married to my dad, Ned). Anyway, I just clicked on your blog from Amanda's (how sweet is Kate?!). I just read your post and saw you work at Saltillo. I work for Make-A-Wish and y'all just granted a wish!!! How fun!!! I hope you all enjoyed it! Good luck with your decision.

    Tracy~

    ReplyDelete