Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Unexpected Sweet Surprise

On Friday, I got an expected sweet surprise from my 2nd period class. I get called from my room at the end of class to go see the counselor (little did I know, she was the staller). I was a little nervous, because I had never been called to see her. Fortunately, she just wanted to talk about the Orleans-Hannah test (Algebra test) I had recently given the students. (remember...just stalling) So, after I had said everything I thought I could say about it, she told me that my team had an impromptu meeting. I was thinking..."A parent conference on a Friday?" Well, when I walked in the room my students were all there and yelled "SURPRISE!" I had NO IDEA! Thanks to my lovely hormones (sarcasm), I cried. Not a lot..but a little. If you know me, I am not a crier. Anyways, the students had secretly been taking up money for a mini-baby shower for me. It was the sweetest thing ever! They definitely hooked me up!
To start off- 5 cute outfits
Then a laundry basket filled with goodies!
List of goodies in laundry basket:
diapers
baby wipes
baby laundry detergent
burping clothes
baby socks
cute clip-on frog
receiving blankets
super soft baby blankets
Snug-Hug head support 2 in 1
dishwasher basket for baby bottles

Then, a diaper bag filled with even MORE goodies!
List of goodies is diaper bag:
baby bottle scrubber
pacifiers
butty cream
diaper sacks
baby bottles
Johnson's baby wash
Johnson's baby lotion
Johnson's baby powder
Also, they gave me a Winnie the Pooh baby bouncer! (sorry, no picture of that) I was so taken back....I was left speechless! I feel so blessed to be surrounded but such wonderful children and co-workers. Thank you Kathleen, I know you were the master-mind behind all of this.
I was really excited that the majority of the gifts (excluding some of the outfits) were neutral :) I know that might sound strange to some, but I like to think that I can use stuff for more than one child. I can't help that I am Ms. Practicality. Yes, I will get some special girly stuff too. But, I really do like and appreciate neutral presents.
Which leads me to my next topic-The Nursery. I have NO CLUE how I should decorate it! I had originally said that I would NOT do pink, BUT I am finding some really cute nursery's with pink. But, I also like brown and turquoise together or yellow is pretty too! I will take any suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, brown and turquoise with splashes of pink! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at nurseries here: http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ and here: http://www.designspongeonline.com/ and here: http://www.desiretoinspire.net/blog/tag/childrens-rooms

    there are a ton of ideas on those sites.

    ReplyDelete