Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BABY CASE IS A..........

GIRL!!!!
Yesterday, Michael and I got the joy of finding out our precious baby is a GIRL! I have to admit that I was completely surprised, and so was Michael and everyone else we told. I totally thought baby Case was a boy. And, man was I wrong! But, that is perfectly okay. It made the surprise that much sweeter. I absolutely loved having the sonogram. She tossed, turned, flipped, and did all kinds of moving around. The sonogram tech even made a comment about it. I just thought to myself, "I am sure that Starbucks mini drink I had on the way has nothing to do with it (Can you detect my sarcasm?)" I wanted to make sure the baby was NOT asleep. I couldn't wait any longer. My plan worked :) We got to see her open and close her mouth, the sound of her heartbeat, and my favorite was when the tech was pushing pretty hard on my stomach...I could see little girl pushing back! The sono pic above is with little girl looking with her mouth open (my favorite pic)

little girl on her side
And no, we did not decide to name her little girl. Her name will be:
Audrie Louise Case.
We stuck with family names. The name is a combination of both of my grandmothers on each side. My dad's mom is Audrey, and my mom's mom was Louise. Also, my middle name (before being married) was Louise. I changed the spelling from Audrey to Audrie to be more like my name Katie. So, the -ey was changed to -ie.
We feel so blessed to have little Audrie in our lives. I know we still have 4 months left, but I can not wait to meet her!
Love you sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Yay Yay! Kate is so excited to have a BFF!!! and her Mama is pretty happy too! Cant wait for Audrie to be here!
    love~Aunt Amanda

    ReplyDelete