Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

August.....the finger incident

So, my last weekend of freedom...before work started again, I was blessed to be able to go and help out the Cantrells, also known as - my big brother's family. Luke was still on crutches at the time, and Amanda had to work that weekend. So, Audrie and I loaded up and headed north!

As you can see, my S-I-L has her hands full!!!

I love those sweet babies!




Audrie turned 11 months: August 16, 2011. Her 11 months is a little bit of a blur. I got the phone call at work that you never want to hear. "Mrs. Case, Audrie is hurt." She had had an accident at daycare. Her finger was smashed. Michael was off work and went to get her. The adjective he used was mangled. So, he headed to the pediatrician's office. Dr. Van Norman had to substitute in for Dr. Mullins, because she was not at work. Dr. Van Norman immediately referred Audrie to a plastic surgeon, Dr. Brantley. I met Michael at the plastic surgeon's office shaky and completely nauseated. Michael described the accident and her finger to Dr. Brantley. He didn't even unwrap it before making the decision to operate. We headed downstairs to the waiting room. Karon, M-I-L, was sitting there with us. It was so nice to have some moral support. They took her back, and we could do was...wait. Fortunately, it was a short surgery, about 30 minutes. They called us back to let her wake up for post-op. She handled it like a champ. I will say...it was the longest day of my life. Did I mention the tornado siren were going off during her surgery? Yes, a very long day! We were blessed to have such great doctors and to be able to Audrie home safe and sound.

The finger all wrapped up!

As you can see, it didn't slow her down very much....



Now, you can barely even tell anything happened. Dr. Brantley does amazing work!

No comments:

Post a Comment