Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quarter of a Century

Yesterday, I turned a quarter of a century old on August 24, 2009. Yes, I am now 25. Eventhough, I did have two co-workers last week tell me that I looked like a student.(I teach middle school. The students are ages 11-15) I am know I am going to appreciate that one day, but that day is not today. I know they are not trying to be mean or rude, but I mean... I wear a teacher badge! So cleary, I am not a student. I am officially legal to ANYTHING, even rent a SUV. I feel very blessed to have lived 25 years. I have a wonderful family and friends that love me. You can really tell that on your birthday, because those are the people who call, text, or send a card. Speaking of...all of my family called and sang happy birthday to me! It was great! But, I have to admit...Bandit stole the show! This birthday was a little emotional for me, because it was my very first birthday without getting to see my momma. I mean she has been there since the very first one. But, I did get to talk to her on the phone more than once that day, so I can be a big girl when I need to. Love you Momma! She did send a perfectly written card and some money :) to buy "teacher clothes," which I am in need of. Elementary teachers and middle school teachers do not wear a lot of the same stuff. I am excited about spending it. My in-laws got me some sweet cards and more money! I am in the cash flow right now! Brandon Case even was thoughtful enough and bought me an aloe plant. This is really special to me, because my Granny always had an aloe plant, and I have wanted one to be like her. I know it sounds crazy, but I love my Granny. I'll never forget one time I was helping her in the kitchen, and I touched something hot. I was really young, and she broke off that aloe plant and rubbed it on my hand. I thought that was the neatest thing. Anyways, walking back from memory lane. I had a wonderful birthday. I posted some pictures from the events.
Me with my birthday plate made by the one and only Mary Frances
My present from Michael. My sweet hubby got me college diaploma framed. I thought it turned out beautiful. He did an amazing job.
Us before we went out to eat.
My favorite: SUSHI!!!!
Me with my sushi. No, I couldn't eat it all, but is was fabulous! It was great the next night too!
The purse and scarf Luke and Amanda got me. I love them both!
Us at Cheddars. My Dad and Nina came to town to take us out to eat the Saturday before!
The gang at Cheddars
Aunt Jan came too!
Me and birthday apple pie
No, I didn't eat this all by myself. Everyone helped. For the record, Dad ate the most of it. Am I surprised? NO! Love you Dad!

Well, I guess that makes this birthday a wrap! Thank you everyone for an amazing birthday! Love you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment