Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Brother and Sister in College Again

Okay, well we have both come a long way since this picture, but I love it and couldn't resist putting on the blog. Luke and I are both back in college. I have to admit that Luke is the smart kid out of the two of us. He has the amazing talent of listening and being able to remember. I don't think he ever studied in high school. In fact I know he didn't, because I quote him telling mom "But Mom, I have a life." It was when he was in the mechanical engineering program at Mississippi State University did he have to first start using study skills. Yes, that is right...mechanical engineering. Me on the other hand....I have to listen, take notes, study, study, and study some more. I had to learn to study in like the second or third grade. Luke made higher than me on the A.C.T. in SEVENTH grade than I made as a senior in high school. So, like I said earlier .... he is the smart kid. So, I guess that makes me the pretty one...JUST KIDDING!
I love my brother, and I couldn't be prouder of him. He has decided to go to law school. He got accepted to The University of Mississippi, and he actually starts tomorrow. If you know my brother, he is a die hard MSU fan. Tailgaiting is his hobby. I think he probrably bleeds maroon. He owns a christmas tree that is strictly for MSU ornaments. But, Ole Miss is known for their law school. I don't think he is going to be changing his loyalties any time in this life. I know he is going to be a wonderful lawyer, and not just because he can argue with a fence post. He is a hardworker and can do anything he sets his mind too. He has a wonderful supportive wife and a little baby girl that smiles everytime she sees her daddy. Love you Luke! You have Michael and me cheering you on from the sidelines!

My fall semester actually started August 17th. I am taking Classroom Management. For teachers, this is the most important thing to master. I am hoping to learn a lot this semester. So, when I am not creating lesson plans or grading papers, I will be writing them and studying, studying, and studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment