Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Little Hootie Baby Shower

Yesterday, I had my very first baby shower! I enjoyed every minute of it. I felt so blessed to have such thoughtful friends and family. The picture is the door sign that was made my Mrs. Whitney Hull. She is extremely talented, and I was fortunate enough to have her as a roomie for two years at State. Needless to say, our dorm rooms, back in the college days, were always decorated like something off of HGTV (or at least her half was..hahaha). I titled this baby shower "A Little Hootie Shower," because all three of the hostesses are Chi-Omega's. Chi-Omega is my sorority, and we call our new members little hooties. So, Audrie is our new little hootie. Hootie comes from our "mascot," the owl...cute owls...not scary creepy ones. Anyways, that was just a little background!

The invitation table. If you look really closely, you can see the owl.

I just thought this flower arrangement was beautiful, so I took a picture of it.

My "throne" where I opened all the wonderful gifts! Once again....owls decorating the mantel!

Window decorations!

The drinks

Baby carriage of fruit...too cute!

Yummy cupcake tower!

Table decor

The whole beautiful spread. Everything tasted amazing, but my favorite of course was the sun-dried tomato dip! Momma Snow packed it up for me and let me take the left over home:)

Grandma Chapman(Audrie's great-great grandmother), me, and Karon (Audrie's grandmother)

My beautiful hostesses that made all of this happen. From left to right: Emmylou Branscome, me, Whitney Hull, and Kylie Crosland. I can't thank each of you enough!

Like I said before, our little growing family is very blessed. All the gifts were wonderful and will get lots of use!

No comments:

Post a Comment